Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day 2011

To all you fathers out there, happy Father's Day 2011.

My father passed in 1989, yet I think of him almost every day after 22 years. Fathers are our mentors, our disciplinarians, some times our pals, and the person who is our guiding light.

Please take a moment on Sunday to tell your father how much he means to you. That may mean a phone call or a visit. Just take the time to do it personally.

I'm proud to say that I am the son of Bill Wilbanks, the best dad in the whole world. And I had the privilege of growing up in a community that provided around 400 other pseudo-dads that helped shape my world. Though I'm biased about my dad, I imagine every son and daughter has the same feeling about their father.

Oh, and don't forget your mother either!

No comments:

Post a Comment